MATA ORTIZ TOURS
Your Cart is Empty
Click here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
2021 TOUR DATES:
Most Tour Dates are Thursday through Sunday or Friday through Monday
All Tours are being scheduled according to the ongoing status of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Tours can be scheduled by private parties.
- Cost per person is $750.00 with a group of 2-3. Groups of 4 or more is $650.00
- 4 day/3 night tour goes from Thursday - Sunday.
- Tours originate from Tucson, AZ.
- All tours include round trip transportation in a 15 passenger van.
- Lodging and meals all included in a Bed & Breakfast atmosphere.
- Visit artists in their own homes and buy direct.
- Purchase pottery at cost ($800.00 Max)
- All pottery packaged and transported safely home.
- Visit the Pre-Columbian ruins of Paquime and much much more....
- Touring Mata Ortiz,Chihuahua, Mexico with IGIVETOURS formerly known as Tortuga Tours has been a family affair ever since we first began taking tourists in 1985.
- Tortuga Tours was started by Tito Carrillo, a local Tucson historian, who was one of the first traders to introduce Mata Ortiz pottery to the Southwest United States. He began providing American tourists an opportunity to visit the little unknown village of Juan Mata Ortiz, Chihuahua, Mexico in the early 80's.
- Many villagers credit my father for their early success as this pottery movement grew more popular. His early tours served as motivation for villagers to continue perfecting their craft in order to create quality pottery to sell to future tourists.
- Our 4 day/3 night tour starts at a cost $650.00 with groups of 4 or more. It's $750.00 pp if only 2-3 people want to go. The tour includes round trip transportation in a 15 passenger van from Tucson, AZ, bed and breakfast accommodations in the heart of Mata Ortiz with all meals included in Mata Ortiz, a guided tour of the 5 Barrios in Mata Ortiz, visit the surrounding Pre-Columbian ruins of Paquime and other historical sights. As well as other interesting sight seeing opportunities.
- I, Pablo Carrillo will guarantee a unique one of a kind experience and safe passage into Mexico. I have over 35 years experience of being an independent guide throughout Northern Chihuahua and Sonora, Mexico. I guarantee a safe, comfortable and once in a lifetime trip.