MATA ORTIZ TOURS
2021 TOUR DATES:
2022 TOUR DATES
October 8-16 includes trip to Creel
(Only 2 seats left)
Most Tour Dates are Thursday through Sunday or Friday through Monday
Tours can be scheduled by private parties.
- Cost per person is $750.00 with a group of 2-3. Groups of 4 or more is $650.00
- 4 day/3 night tour goes from Thursday - Sunday.
- Tours originate from Tucson, AZ.
- All tours include round trip transportation in a 15 passenger van.
- Lodging and meals all included in a Bed & Breakfast atmosphere.
- Visit artists in their own homes and buy direct.
- Purchase pottery at cost ($800.00 Max)
- All pottery packaged and transported safely home.
- Visit the Pre-Columbian ruins of Paquime and much much more....
- Touring Mata Ortiz, Chihuahua, Mexico has been a family affair since we first began taking tourists in 1985.
- Mata Ortiz Tours was started by Tito Carrillo, a local Tucson historian, who was one of the first traders to introduce Mata Ortiz pottery to the Southwest United States. He began providing American tourists an opportunity to visit the little unknown village of Juan Mata Ortiz, Chihuahua, Mexico in the early 80's.
- Many villagers credit my father for their early success as this pottery movement grew more popular. His early tours served as motivation for villagers to continue perfecting their craft in order to create quality pottery to sell to future tourists.
- Our 4 day/3 night tour starts at a cost $650.00 with groups of 4 or more. It's $750.00 pp if only 2-3 people want to go. The tour includes round trip transportation in a 15 passenger van from Tucson, AZ, bed and breakfast accommodations in the heart of Mata Ortiz with all meals included in Mata Ortiz, a guided tour of the 5 Barrios in Mata Ortiz, visit the surrounding Pre-Columbian ruins of Paquime and other historical sights. As well as other interesting sight seeing opportunities.
- I, Pablo Carrillo will guarantee a unique one of a kind experience and safe passage into Mexico. I have over 35 years experience of being an independent guide throughout Northern Chihuahua and Sonora, Mexico. I guarantee a safe, comfortable and once in a lifetime trip.